Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What was I thinking

*Okayy so after this chapter this short story is over. I'll be posting a one shot tomorrow. I'm tired of this the shit is depressing.*


Once Lauren made it to the hospital she looked around to see if she saw him still convinced that he was there because of his mom. After looking around the hospital for 15 minutes she asked for help.

"Excuse me" The nurse behind the counter already knew why she was there having seen Safaree come in earlier and remembering her most eventful day at work the day Safaree lost his mom.

"Yes. How may I help you?" The nurse asked.

"I'm looking for a Safaree Samuels. Is he here?" Lauren asked.

"Yes, he is. I can see what room he's in for you and page the doctor to see how he's doing and if he can have visitors. You can take a seat and soon as I have all of that I will let you know." The nurse explained.

"Wait, He's IN the hospital? What's wrong with him? Is he okay? Is he alive?" Lauren rushed out.

"Ma'am I'm not allowed to share that with you without his permission but I promise I will get back to you as soon as possible."

"You can't even tell me if my brother is alive? Please just give me something! Please." Lauren pleaded.

"Look, all I can tell you is that we will do the best we can and don't take that as something bad has happened because I do not know his status as of right now. Please have a seat so I can get the information. I promise as soon as I hear something I will let you know." The nurse instructed. Lauren let out a long hard breath and went to sit in the waiting room.

She didn't know if she should call and let the girls and Nic know or not but she had to tell someone so what the hell. She called Candi.

"Hello?" Candi answered.

"Look, I don't know what's wrong with Safaree but he's in the hospital and they won't tell me anything. I think the only person on emergency contact for him is his mom and Nic. Candi, What are we supposed to do? What if something is wrong with him?" Lauren said now crying.

"Calm down. We'll have to bring Nic out there and let's pray that nothing is wrong because I don't know if I can handle that let along Nic." Candi said trying to calm Lauren down.

"But, she's already worried herself sick. This is just more stress if she don't stop stressing she'll be up in here next. God, I don't wanna wake her up with this news." Lauren said.

"We don't have a choice. We'll try to keep her as calm as possible. Besides she's already awake she took a cat nap her stubborn ass just won't come out the room." Candi sighed.

"Okay. Well how about y'all handle that and get up here before I lose my damn mind." Lauren said.

"Okay we'll be there soon." Candi said hanging up.

---

 Candi went in the guest room to wake TT up and tell her what was going on. She still don't know how this bitch went to sleep and was supposed to be on Nic sitting duty with her. After waking TT up and explaining everything to her they went to Nics room.

"Nicki? Are you up?" TT asked. Nicki sniffed and shifted in the bed to wipe her face.

"Aww. Nic stop crying. Come on boo you gotta get up. We have to go." Candi said. Her and TT didn't know how to break the news to her so they just decided that they would wing it.

"Go? Where to?" Nicki responded.

"Something's wrong with Safaree." TT said. Nicki's head snapped up and she looked at them to continue.

"We don't know yet but he's in the hospital and..." Candi continued.

"IN THE HOSPITAL? WHAT HAPPENED? IS HE OKAY?" Nicki yelled.

"We don't know yet. All we know is that he's there and you're the only person that can get information because you're on the emergency contact list." Candi explained.

"Wait..Where's my phone? Did they call me? Come on. Let's go!" Nicki got out of bed and rushed to put her shoes and coat on before grabbing her phone and leaving out the door. She looked down at her phone and seen she had 9 missed calls from the hospital. Candi and TT trailed behind her as quick as possible. They've never seen her move so fast.

---

They made it to the hospital in record time and Nicki rushed to the front desk while TT and Candi went to find Lauren.

"Excuse me. I'm Onika Maraj. You called me because Safaree Samuels is here." The lady looked in the computer to confirm everything Nicki had told her.

"Yes, Ms. Maraj. We called because Safaree was dropped off and when he got here he was not responsive. He was passed out but an older man dropped him off. He is responsive now but he won't let the doctor do anything to help him. Maybe you can talk to him because if we don't get fluids and food in him soon this can end really bad." The girls walked up and heard the end of what the doctor said before Nicki broke down. Lauren grabbed Nicki and pulled her into a hug.

"Is she allowed to go back?" Candi asked.

"Yes, but only her. The doctor is still trying to work with him." The nurse replied.

"Nicki, You have to calm down. If he see you like this he'll lose his mind. You have to go talk to him and be strong for him. Can you do that?" Lauren asked.

"I don't know. I-I don't know what to do!" Nicki cried.

"It's gonna be alright baby girl but you have to calm down. You have to talk to him. You're the only person he listens to besides his mom and you know how that goes. You're all he got." Lauren coached Nicki as she tried to pull herself together.

"Ma'am, are you ready to go back?" Nicki looked at the nurse and shook her head yeah before following her back to Safaree's room. When they reached the door Nicki stopped.

"Does he know I'm here?" She asked.

"No, I didn't want to tell him you were here. I didn't know how he would take that. He seems so angry. Maybe you can calm him down." She suggested. Nicki nodded her head before the nurse walked away and let her get some time to talk to him.

"Safaree..." Nicki said entering the room. Safaree looked back hearing the only voice left to calm him when he was angry. His hard exterior quickly went soft when he saw her. He looked her over and saw her red puffy eyes and her hair out of place. He haven't seen her like this since she lost her grandmother 4 years ago and immediately got up and pulled her to him. Soon as she was in his arms she broke down crying as he released his tears.

"Faree, you have to let them treat you." She sobbed.

"I can't lose you too. I need you. You can't do this to yourself. Please. Please, let them help you." She cried. Safaree immediately felt bad as the tears came down harder. How could he think about leaving her. She needed him. He needed her. He wasn't going to let the doctors treat him. He was going to go home and beg for God to take him and let him be with his mom. How could he be so selfish? He didn't think about Nicki. He didn't think about how his sisters and nieces and nephew would feel. They adored him. How could he just leave the people that meant so much to him.

"Okay...I will. Shhh..." He whispered into Nickis hair while holding her as she cried. Even though he was weak and hurt he was blind to the fact that he wasn't the only one that was hurt. He was blind to the fact that he was also increasing everyone else's pain by shutting the world out. Now he knew. He understood. He heard. He listened.

---
 11 months later

"Fareeee..." Nicki yelled. Safaree rushed to her feet and grabbed her hands.

"Is it time? Are your ready? You need to see a doctor?" Nicki looked up and dead faced him.

"No. All I wanted was for you to some sit with me but you a little too hype. Calm down. I'm only 6 months." Safaree looked her over and released the breath he was holding. After the accident and the death of his mother he has been extremely protective especially since Nicki was pregnant.

---

6 months earlier

Nicki woke up to someone pulling on her t-shirt. She squinted her eyes and looked at the person in front of her. 

"Nicki, wake up. We gonna have a baby." Nicki shot up out the bed and pulled her hair from her face looking at Safaree confused. 

"Safaree what the hell are you talking about?" Safaree stood up and tried to pull her shirt over her head again. 

"Move. What are you talking about?" Nicki said pushing Safaree hand. Safaree threw his head back and sighed. 

"Look. We gotta have a baby." He explained. He pulled he close and kissed her neck. 

"Faree, Were not ready for kids. Where is all this coming from?" Nicki asked. 

"A...a dream. I had a dream my mama was holding a baby in a white rocking chair. She was talking to the baby saying you look just like your daddy. My grand baby. She was so happy. That means something Nic." Safaree said. She pushed Safaree back. 

"No...ummm maybe your sister is pregnant. Maybe in the future we can have a baby but right now is not the time." Nicki said walking into the bathroom. Secretly Safaree hoped and prayed that she was. His dream meant something right?

---
Safaree sat on the couch behind Nicki rubbing her stomach.

"I'm so excited. You have three more months baby girl." Nicki pushed his hand.

"It's a boy. I still don't know how you figured out I was pregnant before I did though." Safaree smiled.

"I told you. I have psychic abilities. Moms looking out for me. She tells me everything so you better not be tryna cheat on me in the future cause I will know before you do." He said. 

"Safaree, Shut up." They shared a laugh. Nicki looked up and stared at his face.

"I love you. I don't know what I would do without you. I'm so glad your doing better. I was losing my mind."
"I love you too. Thank You." He said before pecking her lips. She smiled. Everything wasn't back to normal but it was better than before.

4 comments:

  1. First of all stop calling ppl Nigho, it's unattractive. And Second of all your sentence structure and organization in your paragraphs is killing me. You know how I feel about things being written correctly or close to it. But I'm glad everything ended well. LMAOO At him lifting her shirt while she sleep, creeper much? Can't wait for your one shots. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel like doing all of that. I will go back and edit on a good day.

      Delete
  2. Gtbgbgb! She's pregnant aww! I'm glad everything's going better for them, and the fact that Safaree's mom is still alive in spirit>>>>>>> That was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story was really good, Im glad everything started to fall back into place

    ReplyDelete